From USD 109
1 Day San Diego Zoo Admission + Round Trip Transfers
Monday, Wednesday, Saturdays
Note: We may make a small stop at Legoland, SeaWorld and San Diego Zoo Safari Park to drop off or pickup more guests
San Diego Zoo
Packed into 100 acres (40 hectares), the superb San Diego Zoo presents a stunning variety of nature's largest, smallest, noblest, oddest, and most endangered creatures. This famous zoo has more than 3,000 animals representing over 800 species in a beautifully landscaped setting, typically in enclosures that replicated their natural habitat. Highlights of the zoo include the Tiger River bioclimatic exhibit, which realistically recreates an Asian rainforest environment, and Gorilla Tropics, which does the same with an African rainforest. The koalas and the rare giant pandas are also popular, so is Absolutely Apes, which has orangutans and siamangs climbing in lush forests. Finally, don’t miss the African Rock Kopje, where klipspringers (small antelopes) clamber about rocks.
Note: If there is not enough bookings for van transportation. Transportations will then be provided by our transportation operator partner.
Southern California Ticket and Tour Center offer complimentary pickup from your selected orange county hotel on a A/C comfortable 14 passenger Van. Then you'll be transported to The California Welcome Center in Buena Park for check-in or if you prefer you can drive to The California Welcome Center and park your vehicle here and depart from our location.
Our San Diego Zoo admission and transportation offer is available year-round on Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays, with service departing from the California Welcome Center in Buena Park, Orange County at 9:15 a.m.
Pick Up Time: 08:15AM-08:45AM (You will be able to select your actual hotel pickup time at the time of booking)
Departure Time: 09:15 (From The California Welcome Center)
Return trips are scheduled to leave San Diego Zoo or San Diego Zoo's Safari Park at 6:00 p.m., arriving back in Orange County at about 9:00 p.m.
Children ages 0-6 years old will be provided with a booster or an infant car seat for your safety.
Your family adventure begins with a trip down California’s golden coast in a 14 passenger VAN with amenities and comfort features. Upon your arrival at San Diego Zoo, you’re free to roam to your heart’s content and enjoy the park’s popular attractions and exhibits including...
- San Diego Zoo's Guided Bus Tour: Do not loose tour San Diego Admission Ticket, you'll need it in order to board the double-decker bus for the tour of the zoo. As a recommendation go on the tour early in the day to get an idea of the zoo's layout.
- Panda Canyon: San Diego Zoo is one of the few zoos in the United States and even around the world that is home to panda bears. The panda bear exhibit unlike other exhibits always has a zoo keeper talking about the pandas as their behaviors, habitats, eating habits etc. as well as answering any questions that guests may have in regards to pandas. Pandas tend to be more active in the morning and it is encourage for guest to visit the Panda Canyon early in the day to avoid the long-lines and be able to experience Pandas in their more active state.
- Northern Frontier: One of the must-see exhibits of San Diego Zoo is the northern frontier home of the polar bears where you also be able to see a snow white fox and caribou. This exhibit also provides an underwater viewing area where guest will have the opportunity to view polar bears swimming and/or playing underwater.
In addition there is a daily zoo keeper talk at 1:00 PM where guests can learn more about the wolf species and much more.
- Elephant Odyssey: Want to see lots of Elephants?!! Well make sure to check out the Elephant Care Center where you will be able to view elephants up close. But that's not all, guest will have the chance to also see lots of other California-native animals such as large birds, lions, meerkats and so much more!!
Keeper talk daily at 2:30 PM about lions and jaguars where guests can watch these beautiful animals enjoy an enrichment program.
- Lost Forest: The Lost Forest lives up to it's name. As you walk through it, you will feel that you're literally walking through a lost forest. Filled with a beautiful jungle green scenery with animal noises filling the background. As you're walking through you'll enjoy seeing animals such as tigers, hippos, monkeys, gorillas and many more. Scripps Aviary and Owens Aviary are a must see where you can see rare and exotic bird species.
- Urban Jungle: You can not go to San Diego Zoo and not visit the Urban Jungle exhibits. Here is where you will be able to see kangoos, flamingos, rhinos, sleepy koalas, magnificent giraffes and their facinating long necks and many more animals.
- Discovery Outpost: Throughout this exhibit guests will see lots of reptiles such as snakes, turtles, tortoises, crocodiles, alligators, lizards etc. and other insects, birds and many more.
It is also a great location where kids can just be kids and run around in the playground as well as get up close and personal with the animals in the petting zoo.
- Skyfari Aerial Tram: Looking for a shortcut to cut across the San Diego Zoo. Well take an airbourne shortcut using the Skyfari Tram. Where it takes you over the treetops and over across to the other side of the zoo. Guest will enjoy a spectacular view of the zoo.
These are just some of the many highlights that San Diego Zoo has to offer to their guests!
San Diego Zoo's Safari Park Highlights:
- Africa Tram: Guided tour tram is an excited expedition which takes you to explore the diverse collection of animals at San Diego Zoo's Safari Park. The ride takes you to explore some of the field exhibits providing a closer look at some animals. This is located at the African Outpost.
- Animal Encounters: Enjoy close-up animal encounters at various times throughout the day. Zoo keepers are all around the park giving animal talks about your favorite animals where you can learn new things.
Tiger Keeper Talk: Learn about Sumatran tigers.
Location: Tiger Trail
TImes: Daily at 11:45 A.M
Petting Kraal: Where kids can meet the little ones at the Safari Park! They would be able touch and brush the gentle goats.
Location: Nairobik Village
Times: 10 A.M. to 4:45 P.M.
Lemur Walk: Want to get up close to lemurs?! With the Lemur walk, you can! This is an unbelievable experience where you can walk on a pathway through the animals' habitat and watch the primates play, groom, jump, climb etc. Must be 5 years of age and older.
Location: Nairobi Village
Times: 9 A.M. to 5 P.M.
- Balloon Safari: Enjoy a view of San Diego Zoo's Safari Park from above. This hot air balloon holds up to 30 passengers at the time taking you approx. 400 feet into the air. You'll enjoy a beautiful scenery of the park. For pricing please inquire at the Park directly. Prices are subject to change.
- Flightline Safari: Soar above!! Flightline Safari is an ultimate experience. You'll be secured in a harness, where you will soar 130 feet above the ground where you'll have the chance to view the entire San Diego Zoo's Safari Park from above.
This flightline experience includes the use of the equipment, an orientation, a desciption of the tour and a flight on two zip lines.